9.12.2017

Treasures

I have always loved field guides and the books where people have illustrated all the wonderful flora and fauna on their estates. I am not however very talented when it comes to art. I always find these little treasures on our beach and I have wanted a way to capture how I feel about them besides just having a photo. Recently I read about a technique where you trace the item and then use watercolors instead of colored pencils. Watercolors are more forgiving. So this is my first attempt at creating a nature journal page. It is not too bad and I love that it captures an essence of these little gifts from the sea.

1 comment:

Ninny said...

Hooray for blogging again. I love you watercolor beach treasures. It makes me want to take a shot at watercolors and a farm field guide.