9.04.2017

Reset and the Second half

The call to put words down beckons me again. My children read the books I created from past year's blogs over and over and have expressed that I need to start recording our lives once more. So I am going to try to make an effort for posterity.

September is here and it has arrived with more than a hint of Autumn in the air. Houston has flooded from Hurricane Hugo. My heart is sad for all those people who have lost their homes and must start over. Michael is in Italy once again. He will not return for another month. Quayde has moved to Arizona. We have one foot in the catch and release phase of parenting and one foot still in the raising of the two that are still young.



Chapter 50 started with the best kind of surprise. Of sisters, laughter, and hope of creating a magical year.Marissa and Ginny came as a secret and danced in T-Rex costumes. We had the best weekend! They are pretty crazy and I love it. Food, the beach and conversation made everything perfect.


I am excited. I feel amazing. I am in better health than I was 10 years ago. I have always had this feeling that life is going to be freeing when I am older. The first half century of my life was weighed down with heavy things and I feel lighter lately. Seriously, I am thinking 105 is doable.


No comments: