11.03.2017

Epic Road Trip - Day 1

 Woo Hoo Michael has 2 weeks vacation and we have free hotel from all his travels; so we are headed to Arizona to see all those that we love! We are so excited for Evelyn's birthday on the 11th. She will be two! I can't wait to love on her. I miss Chaiya and Quayde so much so it will be awesome to just spend time with them again.  I think we have the van packed up perfectly. I made sure there is a single suitcase with everyone's travel clothes so we just have to get that out each night. It will work great instead of unloading and reloading.
 Michael made sure that the long driving days can be enjoyed with a movie or two. The van is rigged for entertainment. Thayne figured out all the wiring. He is a genius with all of that stuff. So we have the Wii game console and a dvd player all ready. I think it is a bit big. The boys think it is perfect.
 We are off. Traveling through Virginia. Seriously the Autumn fairies have painted the leaves amazingly well this year. The color going through Waynesboro took my breath away. So many red, gold and oranges leaves throughout the mountains. We are aiming for Knoxville TN tonight.
We have hit the Tennessee border and it is about 8 pm and I am a little tired of driving. Michael has had to sleep all day because he worked all night last night. I am not sure how comfortable he has been back there but there have been no complaints form anyone. When we got to the Welcome Center at the border, there was this height sign. Lydia will never be tall enough. lol We had a good laugh that she is supposed to still be in a booster seat.
Tennessee always feels like it takes forever to drive through. That is because you can see from the map that it is the widest state! Our plan is just to drive on down to I-40 and cut across like usual. We often stop and explore places of interest but I am not sure what we are going to see on this trip out west. I've been searching through the internet but nothing I've found is unusual and interesting to me yet.
I wish so badly these pictures could show how truly amazing the color was on the trees. It has been a great Autumn. We had a picnic lunch at a lovely rest stop where there was so much beauty.  I love that we homeschool and we have the freedom that it brings to explore and just be with each other. It is a good life.

We have not made it to Knoxville but just outside at Dandridge. So tomorrow we will explore Knoxville a little and then get to Memphis by evening.

No comments: